Artwork set up for Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop users.
When working in the Adobe Creative Cloud set of applications there are a few simple rules to follow to ensure fast, easy and accurate output.
• CMYK colour space. (images can be RGB inside the CMYK space)
• Use the U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2 profile.
• Set up artboard(s) and include a bleed of 1 inch.
• To match Pantone colours use the PANTONE+ Solid Coated swatch book.
• Embed your images in the print file.
• Convert fonts to outlines in the print file.
• Use a rich black if you want rich black.
• Be careful with tranperancies, gradients and effects.
• Make sure your image resolution is 100 dpi at 100 percent minimum and
150 dpi maximum for best results.
• Work in scale if your graphic exceeds 227 inches
• Don't extend a colour by mixing a vector with a raster element.
Create the whole image in Photoshop
• Don't use overprint's. White or black. Preview in overprint preview mode
to check for this
• Don't add crop or trim marks. We can add these according to your
CREATING A PDF
• We use the preset of "HIGH QUALITY". This preserves the file for maximum editability and keeps native effects live.
• Make sure that you check the box in Marks and Bleeds that activates the bleed.
• If you have the Adobe Acrobat Pro program use the Preflight tools to check for accurate output.
Click button above to download job PDF options file. Double-click file to install. Choose “SignSource PDF Job Options EMBEDDED” as PDF preset when writing your print file to ensure trouble-free output.”